I have posted info on the Government’s destroying our National Forests with hard rock mining by foreign companies. The corrupt National Forest officials who lie and cheat to save their salaries–and Congresspersons, such as John McCain (the no-earmark Senator), who put an earmark on a “must pass” military bill to give away 2,400 acres of National, even though the Bill had been heard by the Senate regularly for ten years and never passed out of Committee for vote. This one project will put 7,500 acres into a pit a mile deep plus dewatering the region down to 7,000 feet and eliminating streams. The region had been protected by both Nixon and Eisenhower so save hundreds of old oaks at Oak Flat from devastation by mining. While Congress did nothing. And this is only one of 170 mining operations in our National Forests. http://www.mining-law-reform.info/proposed-mining-projects.htm
It’s real hard to find info on the Congress persons rake in every year. Supposedly, they make $174,000 a year, but that’s before expenses, trips (Nancy Pelosi commandeering Air Force jets, stocked with liquor and goodies, to fly around the world–on business OR Tom DeLay’s Mariana Paradise scandal), staff (Gotta have them, they do all the work. McSally, my Congress person, does not have to think, she gets orders from D.C. PACs that funded her six million for her recent campaign–for nothing in return??)
How to drain the swamp: Trump has been “credited “with coming up with this idea:
This Idea makes way too much sense to ever get passed by Congress. But at least we can make our wishes known and hope.
The TRUMP Idea:
Let’s see if we can show Congress what people pressure is all about.
Salary of retired US Presidents .. . . . .. . . . .$180,000 FOR LIFE.
Salary of House/Senate members .. . . . .. . .$174,000 FOR LIFE. Even if they “served” only one term!!
Salary of Speaker of the House .. . . . .. . . . . $223,500 FOR LIFE.
Salary of Majority / Minority Leaders . . .. . . . $193,400 FOR LIFE.
Here’s an estimate of what Congress persons really receive:
“A quick look suggests that total legislative branch appropriations for FY14 is about $4.1 billion. This includes House and Senate member and staff salaries and benefits, Capitol Complex maintenance, staff and security (including the U.S. Capitol Police), the Library of Congress, the GAO, the CBO, the Government Printing Office”. — Tom Schinckel, works at U.S. House of Representatives.
TRUMP, in a recent interview with CNBC, offers one of the best quotes about the debt ceiling:
“I could end the deficit in five minutes,” he told CNBC. “You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election”.
The 26th Amendment ( granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds ) took only three months and eight days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971 – before computers, e-mail, cell phones, etc.
Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took one (1) year or less to become the law of the land – all because of public pressure. Trump is asking each addressee to forward this email to a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to do likewise.
Congressional Reform Act of 2017
- No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman / woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they’re out of office.Congress (past, present, & future) participates in Social Security.
- All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
- Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
- Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
- Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
- Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
- All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 3/1/17. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women.
- Congress made all these contracts, perks and pay-offs for themselves.
Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and go back to work.
We are asking every person to contact a minimum of twenty people, then it will only take three days for most people in the U.S. to receive the message. It’s time for the changes we have been promised
Pass it on. Let’s all participate in draining the swamp! Also, Tweet the President @realDonaldTrump : “Great Idea. Congressional Reform Act of 2017, Thank you!”